|photo courtesy of jencu at flickr|
But, before you do, I’d like to offer questions and thoughts that have shaped my view over the last 30 years.
What causes ticklishness?
Does the coupling of its seeming innocuousness with the laughter, distract us from even wondering?
Is it important if ones body reacts significantly differently than most, to touch?
Why are some people extremely ticklish, and others not at all?
It is a sensitivity to touch.
It is a hypersensitivity for some.
Often, hypersensitivities are signs of imbalance/illness.
I have observed that when food allergens, such as dairy products are removed from the diet, some children experience a marked decrease in ticklishness.
All children that I have treated, who are significantly ticklish, also have other signs of allergy, and specifically of food allergy.
Hypersensitivity is a common effect of allergy; sensitivity to light, sound, or motion.
What do you think?