Wednesday, February 2, 2011

DAY 121 - A Look in My Mirror and Out to the Horizon

Prior to turning 50, I cared about others, cared about the world, but had no plan, and felt little responsibility. I didn’t realize the harm and dangers that were, and are upon us. While considering myself part of the solution to man’s problems, I never really thought of myself as a co-creator of our salvation (not in a religious sense).

Since 50, things have changed; I now consider myself a co-creator of our future; not a hot shot, just a co-creator. Turns out, we are all co-creators; of some future; whether we act, or not.

In 2003, as a part of my efforts for our present and our future, I joined the executive board of Citizens for Peaceful Resolutions (CPR), of Ventura, California. CPR is an inclusive, diverse group of individuals, committed to non-violence, and recognizing the interconnectedness of all life on our planet. Our mission is to discover, live and communicate what is needed to build a just, sustainable and peaceful global society. Each month we hold public meetings dealing with the critical issues of our times: war, nuclear weapons, homelessness, poverty, global warming, campaign finance reform, and much more.

I don’t know what lies ahead on the horizon for humanity, or for our world, but I am comforted to have seen myself more clearly, and to have seen a reflection of myself, as a small and responsive part of our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment