Tuesday, November 9, 2010

DAY 35 – I Want to be President Obama’s Chiropractor

That’s right, I want to be the President’s chiropractor. In fact I want to treat the First Lady, Sasha, and Malia too.

As a first step, I offer to come to Washington, DC, put myself up near the White House at my own expense for one month, and be on 24-hour call for the members of the First Family.

What a crazy idea …

It is a bit unusual…, I admit. But, my desire and passion to serve our First Family come from feelings, common to most, of wanting to give thanks, and the idea is actually quite rational. So, let me explain the factors that have lead me to the desire to be the President’s chiropractor.

First off, everybody needs a chiropractor. Those who have teeth need a dentist. Those who have a spine, need a chiropractor.

Never in my life have I been so inspired by a President of the United States.

Our President is a remarkable man, but it is beyond belief that the work that he does, the responsibilities entailed, and the schedule that he keeps, do not result in muscular tension and a general tightening of his body. I can provide treatment for our President to help him feel his best, function optimally, and maintain his vitality through the enormously challenging times ahead.

I have no idea just how busy the President is each day, but my guess is that he is lucky if he can find time to take a deep breath. So how can he have time to see his chiropractor? Does he take time for chiropractic care when his neck is “just” tight? Or, does he take Advil to get by? Is he unable to find time to see his chiropractor until he is really hurt? With me on 24-hour call, and just minutes from the White House, treatment and restorative therapy would be available immediately and at his convenience.

The President has asked that we all, each of us, find ways to serve our Country. This offer is one way in which I, as a citizen of the United States, can serve. ( http://www.serve.gov )

In October of 2009 I traveled to the White House to make my offer as directly as possible. See the event as it occurred: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu6oZe4wheQ

As I publish this blog post, the First Family is probably unaware of my proposal. My hope is that the First Lady will learn of my offer. If she and Barack are gender-role stereotypical, she is probably the one looking out for the family’s health; and in this case, the Nation’s health. She'll know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment