Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DAY 9 – The Dalai Lama Forgot My Birthday

That’s correct. Not a card, e-mail nor text message.

Please don’t think that I was racing out to the mailbox in the days leading up to my October 5 birthday,  hurriedly scanning the contents for a Dharamsala return address. I was just hoping.

A week and one day later, following reflection, my enlightened self sees His Holiness’ oversight as a blessing.

-- end funny part
-- begin serious part

OK, so the Dalai Lama doesn’t know me. But even if he did, personal acknowledgment would be so far down my birthday wish list that I would expect to die before getting to it.

What is high on my birthday list, and my list of everyday hopes, is peace on earth. Everyday and in every way His Holiness is living and working for peace. I experience him and his work as a personal gift and as a gift to us all. His life is an acknowledgment not just of our birthdays, but of our lives.

Note:
-- seriousness continued
One of my personal and professional dreams is to be of service as a doctor of chiropractic to the Dalai Lama. I am the founder of an unincorporated nonprofit called Healing Those Who Heal The World, through which I treat, at no charge, folks that work for a better world. I have had the good fortune to be of service to many such individuals, including two well-known couples; Congressman Dennis Kucinich and his wife, Elizabeth Kucinich, and Daniel Ellsberg and his wife Patricia Ellsberg.

2 comments:

  1. I love your nonprofit. As a believer in healing hands, as well as the ability to heal through words and acts, I envision an exchange taking place between the touch healer and the words/acts healer that leaves both individuals stronger for the interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna!
    Connections.
    Kris :)

    ReplyDelete