Friday, January 21, 2011

DAY 109 – Trust: Such a Gift

Bobby
Trust feels good!

Ten years ago my mother-in-law, Bobby, asked if I would be comfortable, and willing to be the agent for her medical power of attorney. She was asking if I would take responsibility for making all medical decisions for her in the event that she would become unable to do so.

She was entrusting me with her life, and with the difficult decisions that often arise at the end of life.

I accepted.

I find it difficult to adequately express my gratitude at being trusted so deeply. But, Bobby, please know that I have been so touched by your trust. Please know, that should I be needed in this capacity, I will do my very best to do right by you. Your trust is such a gift to me!

Your son,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment