Thursday, December 2, 2010

DAY 59 - Simple Understandings Can Set You Free

Periodically, through this book, during the next 10 months, I will share some simple understandings that have changed the way I see the world, and see myself. These understandings have improved my life and my health. I hope, and humbly believe, they can be of great value to you.

It would be foolish to think that any one of the ideas that I share, will turn your life around. But, it is reasonable that the combination of a number of these insights, along with your being on a path of growth and change, will result in a beneficial synergistic effect on your life and health.

Simple Understandings #1 – Change is not difficult

Talk about dangerous beliefs! Everywhere I go I hear well-meaning, intelligent people saying “change is difficult”, and “no one likes change.”

Comparatively speaking, change is not difficult. What is difficult is enduring suffering, with no way out.

The fact of the matter is that lots of us actually love change. Change can be exciting, and is often relieving and fulfilling.

Change can, and often does involve some difficulty or discomfort, but it certainly beats the repetitive pain of maintaining the causative status quo.

If you believe change is difficult, can you change that?

2 comments:

  1. This is a very important post! I'm quite a positive person and yet I sometimes find myself saying "I don't like change." Then I remind myself "Change is inevitable; embrace it!"
    --Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean!!!
    You are so right!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete