Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DAY 79 - Salad Support

I LOVE a great salad! It’s not my knowledge of the profound health benefits of a colorful, iceberg-free salad, I just LOVE them! The crunch, the textures, the greens, reds, and oranges. Nonetheless, there have been so many times when I have been both tired and hungry, looked in the refrigerator, and just couldn’t face trying to put one together.

Fortunately, I have a salad support partner, my wife, Joanne!

When we married in 1971, one of our treasured wedding gifts was a wooden salad bowl set. Many were the evenings we would come home from work, put on James Taylor or Carole King, and together make a hearty salad. There were times when one of us didn’t have the energy to make a salad, but rarely both of us. The energy of one would lift the other.

Whether it is walking, stretching, or preparing healthy food, a buddy or support team can be invaluable. To have found love, marriage and health support all in one, I am blessed.

To this day, we make beautiful salads together.

No comments:

Post a Comment