Friday, December 31, 2010

DAY 88 - New Year's Celebration or My Basic Needs?

(photo courtesy of viZZZual.com)
It’s New Year’s Eve, and I’ve been thinking all day about whether to stay up ‘till midnight to welcome in the New Year. I’ve been thinking about it because I need a lot of sleep in order to feel good. If I were like those people who only need 4-6 hours to feel good, I wouldn’t give it a second thought.

It is rare that I wake feeling rested; been that way my whole life. I feel my best with 10 hours of sleep a night; and don’t get it. Since beginning to write this book, I am getting even less sleep.

But, the point I want to make is that I have struggled throughout my life trying to make decisions about staying up late for special occasions, or getting the sleep that I need to feel decent.

Even without others trying to convince me to stay up, I have my own challenge with trying to decide what I want to do, and what I am willing to do to feel rested. Special occasions are so special, and trying to get enough sleep can seem so mundane.

Luckily, I know what it feels like to feel rested, and I love it; it is special! Fortunately, I also know that when I am tired, my whole body feels heavy and mildly achy. When I’m tired, I find it difficult to care for myself; I am less apt to stretch, to go for a walk, to make veggie juice, or to prepare healthy food. Being tired, just doesn’t work for me.

Tonight, I come first! I’m going to hit the sack. I’ll say hello to the New Year sometime around 10:00 AM tomorrow. I will feel better, and 2 011will get off to a good start!

I’ve got carrots in the fridge, and kale, chard and collards in the garden. After a good night’s sleep, chances are I will make and enjoy some fresh, organic, healthy juice.

Rested Happy New Year to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment